Now is the time to load up on summer fruit. Tomatoes, peaches, blackberries and nectarines are in season right now. Sweet fragrant and yellow fleshed peaches are juicy and versatile. They are delicious with tomatoes. Tomatoes are full of the antioxidant Lycopene. An antioxidant that has been know to help blood pressure, osteoporosis and the skin. Lycopene is a phytochemical that gives the tomato it’s bright red hue. This combination of fruits with a light tangy dressing is unbeatable.
This classic dressing is simple and allows the delicious juicy fruit to be the star. White balsamic vinegar is milder and slightly less sweet that regular balsamic vinegar. We like to use O White Balsamic Vinegar of California.
Enjoy these fruits while they are still abundant!
- 2 medium beefsteak tomatoes
- 3 medium peaches
- 1 cup grape tomaotes
- 1 medium avocado
- ¼ cup basil
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Add all the dressing ingredients into a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Slice the beefsteak tomatoes into ½ thick slices, cut the grape tomatoes in half, pit and slice the peaches, cut the avocado into slices and slice the basil leaves into ribbons.
- Arrange the tomatoes, peaches and avocado on a plate and sprinkle the basil on top. Pour the dressing on top and gently combine.
- To make it extra special: drizzle balsamic reduction* on top.